There is a waiting list for this program. However, applications are being accepted and will be reviewed. Individuals who appear to be eligible will have their names added to the waiting list. For information about how long the waiting list is now, call toll free 1-800-552-5019, and ask for the PAS Program.
The DRS PAS Program helps pay for non-medical, consumer-directed personal assistance services for individuals with a severe physical disability who are eighteen (18 years of age or older and unable to perform critical activities of daily living, such as transferring, dressing, toileting, bathing, and eating. Personal attendants are limited to providing hands-on assistance in non-medical areas of care. There are resource limits for eligibility.
- Meal preparation and serving
- House cleaning
If you answer yes to any/all of the following questions, you may be eligible for the DRS PAS Program.
- Are you 18 years of age or older with a severe physical disability and require hands-on assistance with your activities of daily living?
- Do you need assistance with at least two of the following: bathing, dressing, eating, getting out of bed, mobility, or using the bathroom?
- Have you been screened and found ineligible for the Medicaid Waivers because you either do not meet the financial requirements or the requirement for at least one ongoing medical or nursing service need?
- Are you employed and able to work, but cannot do so without personal assistance in the morning before work?
- Can you direct your own care (i.e. hire your own personal assistant using a consumer-directed approach)?
If you think that you might quality for the DRS PAS Program, contact your local Center for Independent Living and ask for assistance in applying for the DRS PAS Program. Applications are also available on-line at the DRS website. For more information, you can also call the toll free number 1-800-552-5019, and ask for the PAS Program.