No Wrong Door Direct Connect is an easy and efficient way to connect Virginians who need services with the organizations that can help. Older adults, people with disabilities, veterans, and their families and caregivers can self-directly request services online and get an answer quickly.
NWD Direct Connect makes it easier to find what you need without telling your story over and over.
It gives you more ease and control in your care with help along the way to support your health journey.
Here's an example: Russell lives in Norfolk with his 80-year-old mother, Sandra. He worries that she is feeling isolated during the day, when he's at work, so he want to find a companion for her. Russell uses the Service Finder feature to search for "In-Home Services/Personal Care" and finds several options nearby. He selected three (3) NWD Direct Connect providers and, with a few clicks, send them his contact information and what he is looking for. Within two (2) days, all three (3) providers have called him to talk about Sandra's needs and how they can help.
The Direct Connect tool helps to shift the way you find care. You can search and select the services and supports you would like to have contact you, saving you time and energy.
Together, there are more chances for you to lead your health and reach your goals. All providers are connected so you do not have to tell your story more than once.
All NWD certified partners on our site use the Direct Connect tool. This means you have quick access to the services you want to see.
You can use the Virginia Easy Access Service Finder Tool to search and locate NWD partners in your area. You can view what is available and directly select to request services.
Within 48 hours, a person will reach out to you and help make sure you find what you need.
The process of finding long-term services and supports for you or someone you care for can be very challenging and complex. The Direct Connect tool hopes to give you ease and shift the way you access the support you need.
With Direct Connect, you can search and select the services and supports you would like to have contact you, saving you time and energy. All providers are connected so you do not have to tell your story more than once.
All NWD certified partners on our site use the Direct Connect tool where you can request services.
You can use the Virginia Easy Access service finder tool to search and locate NWD partners in your area. You can view what is available and directly select to request services.
Within 48 hours, someone from that organization will reach out to you and help make sure you find what you need.
The Direct Connect tool saves time and energy by electronically streamlining processes. It supports person-centered practices by giving self-referral options to individuals seeking services.
Every time a person self-refers, the system learns more about the individual, giving you the knowledge needed to support them holistically. Referrals can be sent to and from any partner to connect the person the right resource.
When you join the NWD system as a partner and gain access to the Direct Connect tool, you can pick and choose which programs and services to opt-in. This gives you flexibility, and offers self-direction and agency to individuals seeking care in a connected network.
Direct Connect uses an electronic Communication, Referral, Information, and Assistance system (CRIA) with ____ other NWD partners across Virginia. This system shortcuts former referral processes in a consistent, concise, and secure way to better support your organization and those you serve.
By onboarding this tool as a NWD partner, you are helping to pave the way for a shift in care to better serve older adults, individuals with disabilities, veterans and their families and caregivers living in Virginia.
Together, we can help meet health needs, reach wellness goals, and improve the quality of life of all those we serve and love.
1. Ready to join NWD Direct Connect?
- Sign into your provider account on VirginiaNavigator.org
- Review your program listings to make sure the information is accurate.
- Opt-in to receive referrals for all or some of your programs. You can change your opt in/opt out status at any time.
2. Don't have a provider account?
- Register now on VirginiaNavigator.org
- You'll be able to manage your referral opt-ins and update your program listings.
3. Want to know more about NWD Direct Connect?
- Download our printable Seven Things You Should Know about NWD Direct Connect
- View our Frequently Asked Questions below
- Learn more about No Wrong Door Virginia
- Contact us at NoWrongDoor@dars.virginia.go
Step 1: Visit the Service Search and Tools page of Virginia Easy Access
Step 2: Select a topic from the drop-down menu and select the county/city in which you live
Step 3: You will be redirected to VirginiaNavigator search results where you can filter by Direct Connect Partners. Check the box next to the service you would like to connect to and click the Request Services box.
Step 4: Fill in the required fields and submit. You will be contacted within two (2) business days of submitting your NWD Direct Connect request.
1. What if I don't get any results from my search?
Try searching for a different term, or use the drop-down menu on the Service Search and Tools page or on VirginiaNavigator homepage to find commonly requested services. Every county and city in Virginia are served through NWD Direct Connect, with more than 27,000 program listings in total, so we hope you will be able to find what you are looking for.
2. What should I do if I don't hear back from the providers I chose?
If, for any reason, your selected providers do not contact you back, please call or email them directly. NWD Direct Connect does not retain a record of your request for services, so we recommend printing a list of the providers you chose or jot down their names.
3. Does NWD Direct Connect services cost money?
Using NWD Direct Connect is free. However, some providers charge for their services, while others do not. You can use the filter option to only show programs that are free or low-cost.
4. What if I have a special request or contact preference?
When you submit your request for services, you can add any special request in the field under "Optional Information." For example, if you cannot take phone calls until after 5pm, or if you prefer providers to email you, you can tell them by using this field.
5. Is NWD Direct Connect secure?
Yes. Our strict privacy and security policy means:
- VirginiaNavigator does not save any of the information you enter into NWD Direct Connect.
- Your contact information and service request is sent securely to the providers you selected.
- We will never ask you for any sensitive information such as a Social Security number. To use NWD Direct Connect, you only have to enter your name, address, phone number and email.
- The No Wrong Door network operates under the federal guidelines of HIPAA and the state guidelines of the Office of the Attorney General.
6. What if the providers I selected can't help me?
The providers you have selected will do their best to re-refer you to a provider in your area who can assist you. That is what NWD Direct Connect is all about: ensuring that there is no wrong door to enter to ask for services.
7. Who are NWD Direct Connect providers?
All providers with the Connect logo are No Wrong Door Certified Partners. These include public and private partners, both non-profit and for-profit, that serve Virginia's older adults, people with disabilities, veterans, and their families and caregivers.
Get started connecting with Direct Connect Providers!